Widgets

Working Mama's Beef Stew



Before you get all EVERY mom works - I know that silly!  This is for mamas who work at home or out of the home  or both - who just want dinner time to go a bit smoother and faster :) ALL mamas are amazing and they are ALL Mom of the Year to me!!



Working Mama’s Beef Stew
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
Night Before Ingredients:
2 cups of chopped carrots
1.5 cups chopped onion
1.5 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped squash
2 cups chopped mushrooms

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 bay leaf

Salt and Pepper
Butter

Morning of Ingredients:
1 cup of beef broth (or water)
1 cup of red wine
1 can of tomato sauce
1 lb chopped stew beef

Chop veggies and put into crockpot.

I like to sauté the mushrooms in butter first (I used shitake and baby Portobello) – but it isn't mandatory.

Put in spices and mix up.

Put into the fridge.

In the morning before work – put in liquid ingredients and beef.

You know your crockpot better than me – I put mine on low for 4 hours (before I am going to get home).

I serve this over rice, quinoa, or noodles. 

Enjoy!





___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...