Widgets

Give me some GREEN Squooshi Smoothie


Well.  Back to work has been fab.  I love teaching, I love being in school, I love picking up my happy kids after a day playing with their pals at daycare.

Because I am not home as much as I was last year, however; I haven't been able to keep on top of E's eating habits as much as I would like.

The kid is ALL carbs. 

I mean I would be too, if you know, I wouldn't become a million pounds :) 

To combat his carb obsession, I have gone back to pouches... for "dessert" :) 

D will eat kale and spinach (and any other veggie) in it's natural form.  E not so much.  I continue to offer veggies (whichever ones we are having) at every meal, but I also have been giving them pouches for "dessert."  

They loved this one - and it is PACKED with the good stuff!! 

I don't work for Squooshi, but I love them.  Check them out :) 


Give me some GREEN Squooshi Smoothie
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
1 cup kale
1 cup spinach
2 sweet potatoes
2 apples (with skin)
1 cup grapes

Steam chopped veggies until fork tender.


 Add about ¼ to ½ cup of the liquid used to steam the veggies (the more water, the thinner, and smoother, the puree).

Blend until smooth.

I use an immersion blender and a tall cup. This allows me to move the blender up and down the cup until the mixture is really smooth (it takes about 5 minutes).




___________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Chrissy Jordan said...

I have to do the same thing with my middle dude. It's exhausting getting him to eat anything that isn't pancakes or peanut butter!

You don't *have* to steam it though. :) Just think of it like a green smoothie! Just saving you a step. haha

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Yes, hopefully we can work up to that - the health benefits are so much more... right now... we need something the consistency of applesauce :) haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...