Widgets

Paleo, Gluten Free, CROCKPOT, Thanksgiving!


Don't get me wrong, I love stuffing as much as the next guy - but this was delicious, easy, and ready when I got home from work!  What's better than one Thanksgiving a year?  

More than one!

One you don't have to prepare for!

One that's ready after a day of work!

Wahoo!







Paleo, GF, Crockpot, Thanksgiving!
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
4 big carrots peeled and cut in big pieces
4 ribs of celery cut in big pieces
1 butternut squash cut into big pieces
2 apples cored and cut
1 bag of cranberries
2 cups of liquid (stock or water)
2 tbs apple cider vinegar

(next time I might add more different kinds of squash – yes there will be a next time before Thanksgiving!)

Your favorite spices!  We used:
Rosemary
Thyme
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Nutmeg
Paprika
Salt and Pepper

1 smallish turkey breast (the smallest one I could find was 5 pounds) – any bigger and fitting it all would have been a challenge.

Cranberry Topping!
1 bag of cranberries
4 apples peeled, cored and cut
2 tbs raw honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup of water

Put everything in the crock pot but the cranberry topping supplies.

Cook.

(I always put everything but the meat in the crockpot the night before and pop everything into the crockpot before I leave for work.  This time I had to take everything out of the crockpot to fit the turkey in… it was a messy business).

Like I have said before – how long depends on your crockpot.  Mine is done, no matter what is in it, in less than 4 hours (even on low).  You know your crockpot better than I do.  When you get home, I promise, your house will smell like Thanksgiving!

For topping (none of that canned, artificially dyed crap please!):

Put ingredients in a sauce pan.

Cook on med-low till they’re saucy J (maybe 30 minutes). 
Enjoy!






___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3



5 comments:

Dawn @Transformed By Food said...

This sounds really great! I will certainly have my slow cooker going this Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!

Cassidy Bradshaw said...

This does sound delicious. I love the idea of putting it all the crock pot. I'd love to have you share this on my blog hop at cass-eats.blogspot.com

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I love cooking turkey in the crockpot, it's so convenient and comes out juicy and delicious!

Elisabeth said...

Oh, great recipes. I'm going to add these to my repertoire... last year everything but the turkey was crock-potted and it was so wonderful.... Once everything was in, all we had to do was enjoy each other and it was probably the most stressfree Thanksgiving we've had ever...

Becky McNeer said...

sound great!! Top 15 from Foodtastic Friday for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...