Widgets

Meal Planning


Do you know about meal planning?  

I'm sure you already do.

I didn't.



I went out and bought myself a cute little notepad of the week - and when I went back to work, I started meal planning. 

WOW!!!

This is life changing people.

LIFE.CHANGING!

I mean my sister told me about how great the fresh 20 was at least 2 years ago... I just really liked grocery shopping... but honestly who has the time?!

Every weekend I plan what we are going to have for dinner each day of the week.  I plan out leftovers (ie: chicken soup the day after chicken) and I grocery shop once a week.  The wild card is organic meat.  If it is discounted (meaning it needs to be frozen ASAP) I buy it even if it isn't on the list! 

We waste SO much less.

I also make a point to clean out the fridge every weekend when I come home from the grocery store.

I have also been MUCH more effective at using our meat from the farm (from the freezer).  

Give it a go for a week!!! You won't be disappointed.  Here is a sample week - in OneOrganicMama dinner recipes :) 


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

I always let D choose one day.

He always chooses breakfast for dinner haha!

I used to grocery shop EVERY day - and honestly this has totally changed my life!!

I hope it helps you too :) 

If you need some meal planning inspiration (including subscriptions to some pretty cool meal plans!) check out the sale below! It's quite a deal and I have pulled lots of inspiration from the cookbooks!  The meal plans themselves are worth $69.75.  With the bundle you get them PLUS 71 e-books... and lots of discounts on things like the squatty potty... look it up people!  Here's the info on the meal plans:


Meal Plans




___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...