Widgets

The Tortilla Trick

So, corn tortillas... 

Pros:
Few ingredients (3 usually, corn, water, lime)
Easy to find organically (in the freezer)
Taste good

Cons:
Floppy 
Odd consistency 
Break when folding

The Tortilla Trick! 

<disclaimer- totally not my idea - heard about it on a cooking show while I was napping>

Take each tortilla and rub with a dab of olive oil on both sides.

Hang over two oven grates (I know that's the wrong word but I can't think of another... see pic below)



Bake at 350 until crisp.

Fill up!

Bonus... they stand up to fill :) 








___________________________________________________________

8 comments:

Chelsea Hannah said...

This is one of those genius things that I can't believe I never thought of.

AlphaChick said...

this is awesome-will you be my bestie?

Lena said...

LOVE THIS! I have baked tortillas in the oven to form a bowl for taco salad but this never crossed my mind, thanks!

XOXO/Lena @ RootandBlossom

Stephanie said...

Those would be good just to break up into a taco salad! :) Mmmm yum.

Jennifer - The Deliberate Mom said...

This is so clever! Thanks!

Victoria Osborn said...

I love this tip and it really works too! Another great idea to make taco bowls out of tortillas is to turn a muffin pan upside down and place the tortillas in-between the inverted muffin molds.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Crazy trick! I'll have to try it.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I love the idea of making bowls too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...