Widgets

Easy Sesame Chicken


Short and simple my friends.  This was delicious.  D was still talking about it at bedtime - telling me how yummy that 'honey chicken' was.  Enjoy it at your home!  It took me about 20 minutes and I was inventing the recipe at the same time :)

Easy Sesame Chicken
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients when possible.
Chicken:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup of flour
½ tsp paprika
Salt and pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
Olive oil to coat the pan

Sauce:
¼ cup of honey
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seeds
½ tsp paprika
Sprinkle of red pepper flake
Salt and pepper
Chop up chicken thighs into even small, half inch pieces.  Mix flour with paprika and salt and pepper.  Coat chicken.  Fry in pan with oil at medium heat.  When chicken is browned and deliciously crispy, drain oil from pan and set pan aside.

Mix up the sauce.

Scrape sauce into pan, put back on the burner, and just heat through and coat chicken.

Serve sprinkled with a bit more sesame seeds.

No MSG, no mystery meat, just delicious sesame chicken!

___________________________________________________________


___________________________________________________________


10 comments:

Lena said...

This looks great! My husband would love this! Thanks!

XOXO/Lena @ RootandBlossom

kewkew said...

Sounds yummy.

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

This looks delicious!

The Grass Skirt

ChickadeeSays said...

This looks so delicious! I can't believe it only takes 20 minutes to make! Perfect.

xx Kait | ChickadeeSays | ChickadeeSays Bloglovin

Angela Paris said...

Hi !
This looks so very yummy - I love Sesame Chicken! I'm going t pin it right away!
I'm stopping by from Pin it Tuesdays. I'm new here and now following on Pinterest an Twitter.
Hope you're having a great day!
Ang
Juggling Act Mama

Jen Nikolaus said...

This looks fantastic! I'm pinning to try soon - YUM!!!

~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was really good :)

Emily Jones said...

I found this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and made it...it was AMAZING! We all agreed it was way better than any Chinese takeout we've had. Making again tonight, thank you!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I'm so glad Emily!!! :)

Tara Akuna R.Ac. said...

That was the best! I grated a little orange zest into it because I was craving orange chicken. Making again tonight. Mmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...