Widgets

Quinoa & Watercress Salad

Sometimes in the summer the thought of eating hot food grosses me out.  I like to make a meal of salads, fruit, and cheese.  So... add that to the fact that we have been eating lots of quinoa AND the fact that the watercress in my garden is growing out of control... Quinoa & Watercress Salad came to be! 



Quinoa & Watercress Salad We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients when possible.
1 great big handful of cleaned and dried watercress
1 tomato diced
3/4 cup of mozzarella (diced or the little balls)
1/2 cup chopped olives (use your favorite kind)
2 cups of cooked quinoa


 Dressing:
2 tbs of white wine vinegar
4 tbs of olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp stone ground mustard
1 tsp basil (a bunch of fresh if you have it!)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cook and cook quinoa.

Whisk together ingredients for the dressing.

Combine all ingredients and chill until it’s time to serve.

Enjoy!



___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3

10 comments:

Life With The Crust Cut Off said...

This sounds and looks delicious!!! Please come share it at Two Girls and a Party linky party!!http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-20/

anyonita green said...

I've only made quinoa a couple of times, but I really do enjoy it! This perfect and summery recipe would be great for incorporating it into my family's menu! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

Jess said...

This looks great! I am still trying to convince my husband that he loves quinoa. ;) Going to give this recipe a try - pinning right now. Thank you for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for the invite! I'll check it out!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for hosting! :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Your Quinoa and watercress salad looks amazing. This is one recipe I am going to try for sure, so healthy and looks so good. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks - we just made it again - it was delicious!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Your salad looks perfect for a hot summer day! Yum!
Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday Link Party!
Hope your weekend is Extraordinary!

Chaya said...

This sounds like a great combination. Quinoa is such a versatile food and I love it being used as a salad. This is being featured at My Meatless Mondays. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...