Widgets

Italian Chicken Burgers

Because I am not crazy about grass fed beef (don't get me wrong, we eat it... I just don't love it) - I am always looking for new uses for ground chicken and turkey.  It is inexpensive, less fatty, and I like the taste more.  Unfortunately, because it is leaner, it also tends to dry out really quickly.  These burgers however seemed to have solved that problem.  They were really juicy and delicious! 





Italian Chicken Burgers
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients when possible.
1 lb of ground chicken

1 container of mushrooms (we used half baby bella and half shitake) chopped small (stems removed)

1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese (divided in half)

1 tomato sliced thinly

½ cup of mozzarella/fontina/other melty cheese

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp basil

2 tbs butter

2 tbs olive oil

Salt and pepper

Sautee chopped mushrooms in olive oil and butter.

Combine mushrooms, chicken, ½ of Pecorino cheese, thyme, and basil.

Make into patties – I made 7 smaller patties – but you could make 4 big ones.  Fry on both sides until brown and cooked almost all the way through.  I just used the mushroom pan which had enough oil/butter left in it from the mushrooms.

Top with melty cheese, tomato slice, and then sprinkle remaining Pecorino cheese on top. 

Put under broiler to melt.

Enjoy plain, or on a toasted ciabatta bun with a little marina sauce or pesto (I think pesto would be great!)




___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3

2 comments:

Alli said...

I made these burgers tonight and they were fantastic! I wasn't sure how they'd hold together because I usually add egg and/or breadcrumbs to chicken or turkey when making burgers, but these were perfect as-is. The only extra thing I added was garlic, which I sauteed with the mushrooms. We had them on rolls with tomato, spinach, avocado, muenster cheese, and mayo. Super yummy, even for the kids! Definitely making these again!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Well that sounds delicious! What is more italian than some sauteed garlic! Glad they worked for you :) I find if I start putting bread crumbs and eggs into burgers - they always start to taste like meatballs to me - which is totally fine just less like burgers :) I'm so glad everyone loved them - I love your toppings!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...