Widgets

{Gluten Free} Coconut Chicken with Honey Mustard - and an update!

Welp as it turns out - D continues to be totally awesome on his new gluten free diet.  Now... am I totally convinced...? No - but I am TERRIFIED to veer from it haha.

So until then the recipe creation and research continues.



{Gluten Free} Coconut Chicken We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients when possible.
1 lb of chicken breasts chopped in nugget size pieces
1 egg
2 tbs of milk
1/2 cup of sorghum flour
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of salt

Salt and pepper

Coconut oil
Olive oil

Homemade honey mustard sauce:
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 tbs yellow mustard
1 tbs stone ground mustard
1/4 cup of honey
Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. 

Scramble egg with milk.

Mix the flours, coconut, paprika, and salt.

Dredge in egg/milk mixture.

Dredge if flour mixture.

Fry in half coconut oil half olive oil.

I DID clean out the pan in between batches.  The flour that remains in the oil burns pretty easily.

Enjoy dipped in honey mustard J




___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3

10 comments:

Jenniffier Kramer said...

Thanks for sharing. I am new to GF so it is always nice to see more ideas of what to cook.

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

This sounds delicious. Pinning!
The Grass Skirt

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Me too! I am just kind of making it up as I go :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks!

Audra Day said...

Where do you find these two types of flour?

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I bought them at Wegmans (a grocery store by me) in the gluten free section, by the organic/natural foods. You can probably Amazon them though if your grocery store doesn't have as wide a selection. I have heard coconut flour is good for baking too, I haven't tried it though :). Good luck!

Shauna said...

I'm always cooking chicken and get so bored of doing the same thing all the time. This recipe looks really good. I love coconut. Pinning this!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I am not *crazy* about coconut - but this was yummy - especially dunked in honey mustard.

Cropped Stories said...

This sounds like an awesome recipe! Thanks so much for sharing; can't wait to try it! I'm pinning to my food board right now :o) Have a great Thursday!

- croppedstories@gmail.com

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...