Widgets

Toppah's Sensory Table

Toppah's back!

If you don't know Toppah - check him out here: One Organic Toppah & Entertaining with Toppah.

Today - I am bring you Toppah's Sensory Table.



As I have talked about before, I am part of an amazing organization, Kai's Village.  Last weekend we organized a Road Race to benefit our many, wonderful, families.  The road race included lots of fun activities for the kids of the runners.  My dad wanted to contribute and make something for the race, but to also make something that was going to be with us for a while, and that we could use in our office.  

There are lots of benefits for sensory tables and activities.  Children can explore things of different sizes, shapes, textures, and smells.  They can count, divide, sort, measure, pour, throw... - lots of possibilities!  We plan on having this table in the office for our village kiddos to use.

My kids had lots of fun trying it out in the driveway the day before the race.  We filled the 4 bins with the following:

Coffee beans and fabric flowers (I got the idea here!)


Lentils (dried -- they are now sprouting all over my driveway haha)




















And smooth rocks of different sizes:





















This table was built from scratch.  I am sure there are plenty of refurbished sensory tables out there - we are lucky that my dad hand makes items for his grandsons any time we ask - check out some of the other things he has made (toybox, play kitchen fridge/freezer, 2 red wagons, step stool with storage):


Toppah has said he would never build these things to sell... they are priceless <3 and made with love for his boys <3

___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3


6 comments:

Jessica Bialowas said...

That's awesome. It's great having someone who is handy to make things for your kids.

Greta K. said...

Those items are beautiful and will be cherished for a long time. My mother-in-law makes quilts and has sewn other items for my children. Some of my friends say she should sell these things, but honestly, she just does it for fun and for her family. You are very lucky!

Hilary said...

That sensory table is awesome! I need to have my dad help me make one for my little boy :)

I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out here:
http://www.youngtexanmama.com/2013/05/liebster-award-nomination.html

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

we are very very lucky :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

<3

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

thanks! I have actually received it (twice in the same week) already <3 - I am honored you nominated me though <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...