Widgets

Paradise Bites

I don't like coconut.

Or dried fruit.

Or Lara Bars.

But let's face it... kids do - and it is good for them!  But dang.  Those things are expensive!  E made one disappear in 5 minutes.  So... I had to make one... or a substitute anyway :) 



Paradise Bites
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
1 1/2 cups of dried dates
1 cup of dried pineapple
1 cup of dried mango
1/2 cup of dried (not chips) bananas
1/2 cup of apricots

1 cup of coconut
1/2 cup of walnuts


Remove the pits from the dates.  Chop them up.  Calling them sticky would be an understatement. 

A little bit at a time – put some of the dried fruit into the food processor.  When it is sticking together – dump it out.  When all the fruit is processed into little bits, put the coconut and the walnuts in and process them.  Add all the fruit back in and process together.

Roll into small 1 inch balls (you could form them into bars- but it is hard to press them enough to make them stay together – and they are SO sweet – you don’t need honey!).

Makes 21.
Enjoy!


___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3



5 comments:

Sara Onnebo said...

Looks fabulous! Just visitng from the link party at Anyonita Nibbles.

Sara @
http://myfinnishdelights.blogspot.se

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

I will have to try these out. I am a new follower from southern charm. I would love for you to follow me back, Nicole

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks! Off to find and follow you!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks - stalking you now!

anyonita green said...

Mango & banana? Yup, this would go down a TREAT in my house! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...