Widgets

Gluten Free Multigrain Bread


There were a few months I was on an elimination diet in the early breastfeeding days of baby E.  While on the diet, I tried some gluten free rice bread.  Um. Gross. 

In any case, in an attempt to lower the wheat in our diet I am doing some experimenting with bread.

Now.  This is not the same as the bread you're used to.  It is dense (look at the pictures).  This tasted pretty good, was yummy enough, and it was delicious with almond butter and honey (D was a big fan!).


It's not over... I WILL be continuing to experiment... especially because I am accumulating quite a variety of flours!

Gluten Free Multigrain Bread
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
For the bread:
2 eggs
3 tbs of melted butter
3/4 cup of milk
2 tbs of honey
1 cup of oat flour
1 cup of corn flour
1/2 cup of tapioca flour
1/2 cup of teff flour
3 tsp of yeast
3tsp xanthan gum

For the topping:
1 egg beaten
2 tbs oatmeal
2 tbs pepita seeds
2 tsp sunflower seeds
Sprinkle of sea salt
Add bread ingredients to bread maker according to instructions and set to basic bread.

Just before it starts baking, take it out of the machine.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Knead the dough and shape into loaf.  Let rise for at least 30 minutes.

Top with egg wash and toppings. 

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


Enjoy!


___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3





1 comment:

anyonita green said...

I think this looks really yummy! We're not gluten free, but I do enjoy gluten free baking! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...