Widgets

Taco Pizza


I'm bored with dinner, I am sick of cooking the same stuff.

"How about something different like taco pizza?"

A wonderful idea thanks to my wonderful husband.

Life.
Changing.

Pizza will never be the same.  Tacos will never be the same.  Dinner will never be the same.

Never.

Ok... maybe dinner will... we are just going to keep making this.

So... first you need some homemade pizza crust.  Don't just use regular boring pizza crust.  What you NEED is something taco-y.  Like cornbread but pizza crust.  It's easy peasy because you just put it in the bread maker!

What you need is my Corn Pizza Crust:
CORN Pizza Crust for Taco Pizza
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
1 cup of corn flour
½ cup of corn meal
1 ½ cups of white flour (I haven’t tried whole wheat)

1 cup of warm water
2 tbs olive oil

1 tsp coarse sea salt
2 tsp yeast


Put in bread machine according to instructions.  Set on dough cycle.

When cycle is through let rise (either in the bread machine for a bit or somewhere else).

Roll out, drizzle on a generous amount of olive oil (and rub it into the dough, and bake on 400!  

I split it in 2 and made two pies.  Depending on how thick you like your crust and how big of a pan you have - use your judgement on keeping it as one big ball.  I like my pizza to fit my silpats. :)


Now... onto the pizza.

For sauce - I used enchilada sauce.  It is easy enough to make (you probably have the three necessary ingredients) - so don't buy the processed version.  I like the one from 100 Days of Real Food - found here. Basically it's a can of tomato sauce (no salt), cinnamon, and chili powder.  I don't usually adhere to measurements but that's the gist. 



Next you will need some kind of protein.  Veggies?  Use black beans.  Meaties?  We used ground beef - browned, a can of black beans (rinsed) cooked together with the following spices (DON'T use a spice pack... they have lots of icky things):
Taco Pizza
We use organic, fair trade, and or local ingredients
2 Corn Pizza Crusts

2 cups of enchilada sauce

1 lb of beef
1 can of black beans rinsed
1 tsp of each: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (if you’re into that kinda thing… we are)

Cheddar cheese (2 cups)
Monterey cheese (1 cup)
 x
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
Sliced black olives
avocados

1 cup of sour cream
½ tsp of paprika
½ tsp of chili powder
A couple dashes of red hot sauce

Prepare crust.

Prepare enchilada sauce and set aside.

Brown beef (you can leave it out if you don’t do meat – I don’t think you would miss it).  Mix in beans and spices, let cook a couple minutes (I used a fork to mash everything up together a bit).

Grate cheese (don’t use that pre-grated stuff with wood pulp in it please).  

When pizza crust is partially cooked (firm), remove from oven and top with sauce, meat/bean mixture, and cheese.  Cook until cheese is melted.

Mix sour cream, spices and hot sauce.  Put in plastic bag and snip one corner.

Take out and top with taco toppings.  Drizzle on sour cream mixture.

Eat.

Never have regular tacos again.




It's like eating the most delicious nachos except instead of chips... they are on delicious, crispy, cornbread. 

SO good.  

Make it. 
Right now.



This post was featured here:
Grab button for Anyonita Nibbles
___________________________________________________________

I share my posts here.  It's an awesome list.  Check it out.  Seriously.  It's a great list and if you visit blog parties you are going to want to check them out!  It's up to date, organized by day, and the links all work <3



10 comments:

Lizbeth McGow said...

Pinning this recipe onto my Good Eats board! looks tasty! Thanks for sharing! I came to visit from the Couponing and Cooking party. Lizy

My name is Rita said...

This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing.

Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com said...

Looks fantastic! :)

Lindsey A. said...

I will definitely be making this. If there's one thing my husband loves more than pizza, it's tacos. Thanks for sharing the enchilada sauce. I found a great recipe once (in the days before Pinterest) and was able to make it from ingredients I already had on hand ... then, I lost it. So I'll definitely be pinning this recipe and the sauce.

anyonita green said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I love the fresh avocado slices! I will definitely be making this, but without the olives >.< Also: this is being featured tomorrow in the link party, so be sure to stop by again and grab a featured button & to link up another brill recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tasty Tuesdays!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for visiting! You should try it!! It's so good :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for visiting :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for stopping by!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

YES! We use the EASY enchilada sauce recipe all the time :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

WOW! Thanks!! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...