Widgets

Seed Planting +Printables!



If you read my H54F post I alluded to my activities with D this week.  He has taken a real interest in learning and I wanted to capitalize (letter related pun not intended but appreciated) on it!  
So this week we have been working on letters of his choice and I organized a little space for him to "work" in.

I have been creating some letter based activities for him.  He chooses the letter, I work up a couple of things for him to do (it is filling my need to curriculum plan...  I miss it so much!!).
Hard at work.


M is for Maze letter activity! 

His work is displayed in his playroom - where he can show A when he gets home from work.  "Daddy is so proud when I do my work."

So... back to the seeds... and planting...

Even though we still have a foot of snow in our backyard, it is time to plant our seeds.  So... Friday we did "S for Seeds" and got to it!  D had lots of fun in all the steps of planting.  He wanted to wait (right next to them) to watch them grow.  I assured him he could go play for a while and check back later... or tomorrow... or next week... or in two weeks :)  

We had a blast and E joined us for the very end when he woke up from his nap!  


I can't wait to be eating FRESH veggies in the warm weather in a few months!  It's hard to imagine today :)



Printables!
   

















Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     







16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This looks like so much fun! I can't wait to get the kids involved in gardening and turning it into a homeschool unit.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

It was fun! As an almost 4 year old - I think what this will teach most... is patience - he keeps walking by checking to see if they have sprouted yet! He loved planting a garden last year - but he is really much more involved and invested in it this year - it is so exciting!

Heather said...

Love the printables! We only have a balcony and a few pots, but the goal this year is to figure out how to get some edible things in a container garden! I'm your newest follower :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks! You can definitely grow some great things in containers - tomatoes, herbs, and cucumbers would be a good place to start (cucumbers can be trained to grow up rather than in a vine out). Good luck!

*My Butterfly Haus* said...

Hi! New follower from http://mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com! I found you from UBP13...I am SUCH an organic freak, so I am very excited about cruising through your blog! Please come by mine and take a look around and follow me! Have a blessed day!

Betty@HomeEducatorMom said...

Great post. I'll be coming backing here for those printables. Visiting from Home Educator Mom. Thanks for linking up. Have a wonderful week!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Wahoo! Great to have you - heading your way.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

<3 thanks!

Kristi said...

Some of my friends and I had a co-op preschool when our kids were little, and our whole curriculum was based on the alphabet. I love your "M is for maze" idea! I almost wish my kids were that age again so I could use it. :-)

Visiting via the Creative HomeAcre blog hop.

momstheword said...

I miss those early homeschooling years. So much fun! He looks like he's having fun. I remember when we planted marigolds and the kids nursed them along and misted them carefully and then we planted them! :)

Thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party! :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Welcome! The kids loved the maze too - D loves making 'tracks' outside with chalk too :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

So wonderful getting to see them explore nature and how things grow :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm about to do some planting with my kiddos ... they love planting seeds and getting dirty! Love your maze too! Thanks for sharing again at Project Inspire{d}.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

No problem! Thanks for hosting!

Lisa Lynn said...

Cute pics :) Cute little guy! Thank you so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! I hope to see you again tomorrow. :)
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/04/creativehomeacre11.html

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...