Widgets

Candied Pecans

It is spring.

It is spring.

It is spring.

Fine.

Whatever.

We still have a foot of snow in the backyard.  Don't be such a downer.

It is spring.

As it is spring, it is time for yummy salads instead of heavy pasta dinners.  

My FAVORITE thing on salad is candied pecans... so I went to pick some up.

Man reading ingredients will bring you down.  Y-U-C-K.  High Fructose corn syrup, soy, canola oil, artificial colors (for realz?) and flavors.

No. Thanks.

So - here is my super simple recipe!  They are delicious for a snack and really make a salad!



Candied Pecans:
2 cups of pecans
1/4 cup of coconut oil (I use expeller pressed because I don't like the coconut taste)
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of brown sugar
pinch of salt

<optional- pinch of cayenne pepper and paprika> 

Toast nuts in the oven (you will know they are done when you start to smell them - sounds weird but you do!).

In the meantime - mix the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan.  The oil will seem to remain separated for a bit - but as soon as everything starts to warm through it will combine and bubble.

Add toasted nuts.

Cook for 2-3 minutes while tossing.

Spread on silicone mat on a cookie sheet and refrigerate   Once everything is solidified break them apart and enjoy!  YUM!  

Enjoy over your favorite salad (I like spinach, apple, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar).


Here is what my kids do to my spices while I am photographing food...


Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     


13 comments:

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I'm with ya, sister. I hate when companies put crap dyes and oils in food. Your posts are always enlightening and entertaining...

Featuring you again next week @ Creative Juice, and sharing at Pinterest. I'm looking forward to my garden and salads this spring/summer...

My best,
Nicolette

The Frugal Exerciser said...

Thanks for this recipe, I'm having a Game of Thrones viewing party and I will make these to go with my spinach salad.

Sharon Hodge said...

Oh, looks so good! I would love some of these in my couscous. I like that you know what goes into something when you make it yourself. Saw this on Link Love Thursday. Visiting from http://makeitorfixit.com. Stop by when you get a chance.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Ahhhh Thanks!!! My husband and I have been seeking the nuts all week from the fridge haha - they are a little chewy/sticky - I am pretty sure it's because there are only 3 ingredients in the glaze :) They are sooooo good.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I have been eating spinach salad for lunch and dinner all week because of them haha! Enjoy!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks for visiting! I will pop over :)

anyonita green said...

getting away from all the processed junk in food was one of the reasons behind why i decided to emigriate from the States to England! why do they even need to put artificial colours in pecans?! lovely post :) I'm thinking of using your recipe for some macarons... :) I followed you from Marvelous Mondays link party. I also wanted to invite you to my link party on Tuesdays. It's still small, but I'm trying to grow it & I'd love it if you joined us! You can find it here: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/p/link-parties.html

Diane said...

Thank you for visiting "Pin it Again" Friday! Pinning right now!! We go live tomorrow at 3:00 pm Pacific time...hope you can come! Blessings! Diane

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I will definitely add it to my list!! Thanks for finding me!

Jackie Kocurek said...

These looks really good. I love candied pecans on my salad. Thanks for sharing on Tried and True - http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

:)

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures said...

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...