Widgets

Things Moms Can Do While Driving

Before we begin let me address the haters.

I KNOW I shouldn't be doing this stuff while driving... and I'm NOT - I have just heard that OTHER moms do these things.

Not me.

That's NOT even me in the pic below.

If this is going to make you mad - it's a big internet out there, quit wasting your time here and find a safety website... or this car seat post I did.  

Also - don't text and drive - it's just dangerous.

On to the post:

Has your state outlawed talking on the phone and/or texting while driving?  I got to thinking today all of the other (possibly more dangerous) things other moms do while driving.  If talking on the phone was the only thing they were doing... chances are they would be safer than any two things on the following list.  Oddly enough, in most tests, dads can do nothing on this list and need the assistance of a mom driving or sitting in the passenger seat because his "arms are too short" (or so I've heard).



<most, if not all of these things can be done without removing your eyes from the road - and a mom is usually doing at least two at a time - or so I've heard>

  • Take pictures ^ obviously
  • Record tantrums happening in the back of the car for proof/playback later
  • Detect a dirty diaper (sometimes with their nose... sometimes... in other ways)
  • Find and place a binky in a rear facing child's mouth
  • Open a granola bar/zip lock bag/juice box - NO ONE has successful opened a Capri Sun (plus aren't they all filled with mold?)
  • Toss a stuffed animal to a rear facing/forward facing child
  • Remove various items of clothing and put them back on - this includes but is not limited to - shoes, pants, hats, and gloves
  • Answer 1000 questions
  • Read a map, and explain the map to a toddler who may or may not be able to see it
  • Enter a few destinations into the GPS
  • Find any app on an IPad
  • Prepare a bottle
  • Find a specific toy/book/item of clothing/blanket/binky that has been thrown 
  • Break up an argument 
  • Keep a baby awake by speaking loudly/prodding/offering candy
  • Explain how and why freight trains are different from passenger trains, where they run, and how often they run
  • Keep together a caravan of mom-cars heading to the nearest playground
  • Order food for everyone in that caravan in a drive through 
  • Wipe a hand/nose/mouth/ear on a rear facing/forward facing child 
  • Pump - with a double electric ;)

It's weird, I used to think applying my makeup while talking on the phone on the way to work was hard.  I was such a rookie.



Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     



11 comments:

Greta K. said...

Apparently, if you're a plow driver from Lowell, you can drive and film yourself making nasty remarks about peoples' cars being in the road while having a crazy hilarious and stereotypical Boston accent. But he wasn't a mom and got fired for it! Don't know if you saw the video, but it was wicked funny.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Yes I did! Too funny. I would *never* do something like that ;)

Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA said...

LOL! Great list!

Amy B. said...

This is awesome. Moms can do everything. Thanks for linking up!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks! :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks! :)

Revamp Spunky Rena said...

Hi Lovely. I'm your newest follower from Blog Hop.
Your blog is awesome.
Feel free to visit and follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

xoxo
Rena

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks!! I am headed your way now :)

Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly said...

Ha ha! Seriously!

MOV said...

You can do those things while driving? I can do those things IN MY SLEEP!

Yeah, if you told the 22-year-old me this, I would have panicked and become a nun. Too late.

Just found your blog, new follower here, will be back to read more!

best,
MOV

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

:) No kidding! Thanks for following - finding you now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...