Widgets

Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast


D frequently requests a 'silly lunch.'  This typically means some fruit, nuts, crackers, popcorn, and dry cereal of some kind.  It is indeed silly. Hilarious even.

I shouldn't have been surprised when he requested a 'silly breakfast.'  

For silly breakfast, he requested peanut butter and jelly.  

I spiced it up by making stuffed peanut butter and jelly French toast.

I started with some homemade bread.  I love this recipe (which I totally change haha):
Bread Machine Challah Bread - take a look at the recipe - here is what I change:
I use 1 tsp of sugar
3 eggs
Butter instead of margarine 
1 cup of white flour
2 and 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
(all organic ingredients).

I then generously slathered on some peanut butter and jelly.  We have some organic just peanut, peanut butter.  It's  has no other ingredients.  If you can't find it by you - you can really just buy organic peanuts and throw them in the food processor.  Viola! Peanut butter.

We use jelly that has no sugar and it sweetened with fruit juice.  The kids like blueberry.  I don't like peanut butter or jelly - so it doesn't matter what I like.

I then made some batter:
3 eggs, beaten (we use farm fresh from the farm D goes to school at)
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg

Dredge a sandwich... fry on each side on a hot griddle with butter.

We topped with 100% pure maple syrup.

They LOVED it.  It is now our favorite silly breakfast :)



Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     


2 comments:

Littlest Sweet Pea said...

I would love for you to share this on my Meatless Monday link up. This recipe will work perfectly for my 2 little ones who have PKU and a restricted diet- I'd just need to use their special PB and eggs. Thanks for sharing!
http://www.littlestsweetpea.com/2013/04/meatless-meals-link-up-1.html

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I am adding you to my monday list! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...