Widgets

Mess Free Finger Paint


So, disclosure, I didn't invent this idea - but I wanted to share what a success this project was!  I put about 3 tbs of regular, non-toxic, finger paint, with a tbs of water, and a tbs of glitter into a heavy duty zipper bag.  I then squeezed out as much air as possible, sealed the edges, and taped them securely all around with clear packing tape to the table.  

To spice things up (upon the request of D who quickly got bored making his favorite letter 'T') I retrieved some things to make different imprints.  Cars and tractors for 'tracks', some monsters, measuring things I was cooking with, etc.  

It was a big hit, and when dinner was ready I removed the paint and put their plates down! A seamless transition!

*Confession - E did not make the 'E' in his paint :)

Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     


10 comments:

Debbie @ http://kidsbibledebjackson.blogspot.com/ said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Happy and Blessed home! Pinned it!

Amy said...

This is a great idea! My kids would love this. :-) I'm going to have to do this very soon. Visiting from the link up at Happy & Blessed Home.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Awesome! We had a blast!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

My kiddos thought it was great - especially making 'roads' and 'tracks' - I thought it was great D was making letters too :)

Mums make lists said...

What a fab idea - I was so impressed by his E :-) Alice

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Yes, a child genius! Haha.

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

BeColorful said...

Sure wish I had been a blogger and known about this when my kids were this small. :D Looks like fun. Thanks for linking up.
p

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Thanks! We had a blast and it was so easy to clean up!

Julia said...

This is so clever! I've been having my daughter "paint" with water because of the mess factor. This way we can use color without fear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...