So, disclosure, I didn't invent this idea - but I wanted to share what a success this project was! I put about 3 tbs of regular, non-toxic, finger paint, with a tbs of water, and a tbs of glitter into a heavy duty zipper bag. I then squeezed out as much air as possible, sealed the edges, and taped them securely all around with clear packing tape to the table.
To spice things up (upon the request of D who quickly got bored making his favorite letter 'T') I retrieved some things to make different imprints. Cars and tractors for 'tracks', some monsters, measuring things I was cooking with, etc.
It was a big hit, and when dinner was ready I removed the paint and put their plates down! A seamless transition!
*Confession - E did not make the 'E' in his paint :)
Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)