Widgets

High Five for Friday!


We're not ready for Easter yet in our house - but it has been a great week!  Here are the highlights!

One: Mess Less Finger Paint (do I need to say more?!)

Two: My obsession with Wegmans continues as this year they provided me with non-artificially colored sprinkles for Easter bread and food coloring for eggs!  
Did you know that to make sprinkles shine, they use crushed beetles? (more info)
Did you know that artificial colors have been linked to behavior problems in kids and that they come with a WARNING label in Europe? (more info)

Three & Four: We got to a snowless playground this week!  Fine, it was by my parents' house in NY - but it will do!  D was SO proud he could do parts of the playground he couldn't do last year (the rule is - I don't help on the playground - if you can't do it yourself - perhaps you're not ready yet!).  E was thrilled to be able to walk around and eat wood chips.  

Five: Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast... check it out.  The kids loved it.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!


Photobucket

Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     



4 comments:

Anita Ferreri said...

Long, long ago, I made my own egg dye from beat (reddish brown), kale (yellow!) and grape juice (pink). I took LOTS Of teasing for my BORING eggs when compared to others but I did not want my kids to touch the dye in food coloring. Eventually, I gave in...there was no way to compete with the dyes,,,,I am VERY GLAD to know there are alternatives out there now.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I LOVE it Mrs. Ferreri! We are going to experiment with more options too - the eggs we get from the farm are brown - so they were tinted more than colored - but we decorated with stickers after that :)

kirsten @ a happy saturday said...

Your PB and J french toast looks delicious. I might have to try that! Enjoy your Easter.

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

It is... or at least that's what my kids tell me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...