Widgets

Easter Baskets & Pinterest

Blasted pinterest.

At first you were all - oooo I love these recipes.  
What's that a cute kids' craft? Fab!  
A funny 'Hey Girl' Ryan Gosling pic? I love it.

Then.

All of a sudden.

Holiday overload. 

Leprechaun footprints.
Valentine thumbprints.
New Years make-your-own hats and baby diapers to match.
Elf on the Shelf locations.
Bunny poop.
Peeps peeping all over the house.

Think I'm lying?  Check it out: Easter Ideas.

For realz?  

As if moms aren't under enough pressure!

Isn't cleaning the house and keeping my facebook up to the minute enough?!  Now I have to make rainbow cupcakes with gold leaf on top.

Nope.  

We keep it real.  
I'm not going to get political and religious here, not my style, but Easter isn't about the baskets.

Here are the Easter Baskets.  Full of organic veggie seeds and books :)

No bunny poop, footprints, scary pictures with creepy mall bunnies.  

Happy Easter.



Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     


9 comments:

MK said...

Yes, we have never even attempted the creepy mall bunny. My kids don't even know he exists. Haha. I am stealing the seeds packets idea for next year.

kewkew said...

We don't do the Easter bunny at all, though we do give the children baskets. Unfortunately they are filled with lots of sugar. I really want to do better. I love the seed packet idea. I think the girls would love it too. Thanks for the idea.

Jamie said...

It is so true. There is so much pressure to be over the top.

momstheword said...

Oh I really love that mini panda bear! My future daughter in law loves Pandas. Also love the seed packet idea! You can plant something and look forward to it when it grows. Thanks so much for linking up to "Making Your Home Sing Monday" today! :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

Kind of a re-birth theme :)

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

They had some sugar, but it was small, and limited (and very particular haha). Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I am stopping the pressure!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

<3 I got it at Barnes and Nobel :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love, love, love the seed packet idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...