Widgets

The Only Chicken Wings You Need

What is the age when you need to start buying more food because you have boys?

I thought it was 13... 14... maybe 10 at the earliest.  I knew by the time they were 17, 18 - I would be spending a lot of time at the grocery store.  I figured I had some time to prepare.  

To save some more money.  

To grow my own food.  

Maybe buy a farm.

W.R.O.N.G.

It's 9 months and 3 years.

I am unprepared.  

I can't keep up.

I am talking pounds of apples a week.  Jars of peanut butter.  Loaves of bread.  And the MILK.  My goodness the milk.

So you won't be surprised that this recipe for delicious chicken wings starts with 3 pounds of wings.  Sorry.  It's how we work around here!  On the upside, my measurements (when I'm not baking) are not what I would call precise.  So adjust as needed.  You can't screw these up.  They are freaking awesome every time.


The Only Chicken Wings You Ever Need

3 Pounds of Organic Chicken Wings
1 1/2 Cups of Organic Flour
1 Tbs of Paprika 
1 tsp of Sea Salt
3 Tbs Melted Organic Salted Butter
Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 400.

Spray a couple of baking dishes with cooking spray.  Wash off your chicken.  No need to be fussy, no need to even dry it.  You can't mess it up! 

Mix up your flour, paprika, and salt.

You might be thinking you need something fancy, buttermilk for instance.  NOPE! I promise.  

Dredge your chicken in flour and put it in your greased baking dishes.

Melt your butter.  Drizzle over the chicken.  It doesn't need to soak it - each wing should just have a little bit of butter.  I am not fussy.  I did it while holding a baby in the other hand and dripping half of the butter all over my hand and the floor with the other.  

Put it in the oven.

That's it.

In about 45 minutes it will be brown, crunchy, and delicious.

If you want some variety in your deliciousness - we sometimes prepare it a few ways.  AFTER it's cooked and crispy - I dunk some of it in a mixture of hot sauce and melted butter and some in homemade honey BBQ sauce and then I leave the last bit plain.  They are all good and are a favorite around the house... right down to the littlest member:


This is the last chicken wing recipe you will ever need.  

Throw out the rest - because these are awesome!  Just ask E!

8 comments:

Susan Zentmyer said...

These look delicious! Found you from "Not Your Ordinary Recipes". Thanks for sharing!

Britt said...

That is my favorite picture. Ever.

KT said...

Thanks for stopping by!

KT said...

the chicken or the kid?

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures said...

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

KT said...

Thanks for hosting it! I'll see you tomorrow!

Tara said...

Made these last night. You're right, they are SO easy and turn out perfect. An excellent base recipe that I can eat just as is or spice up for some fun. Now, I need to figure out how to make these gluten free and I'm set. Thank you for such an awesome recipe!

KT @ OneOrganicMama said...

I make them gluten free by just dredging in Pamela's Pancake Mix :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...