Widgets

Leftover Chicken Soup

Perhaps you haven't noticed but the theme this week (unplanned) seems to be lazy cooking.

It's not my fault.  I'm busy.

For example, I started doing laundry today and realized I hadn't done so since before Christmas.  Whoops.

Then I realized I had to make more fabric softener

Add that to 2 kids, pre-school drop off, legos and playdough, and all of a sudden it's 5pm and you have no dinner plan!

So I went to the fridge where I found leftovers from my crockpot chicken.  I had a bunch of chicken, some carrots, and some potatoes.  I also made a bunch of stock - so chicken soup it was!




Leftover Chicken Soup

2 Cups of Cooked Organic Chicken
1 Cup of Cooked Organic Carrots
1 Cup of Cooked Organic Red Potatoes
2 Cups of Chicken Stock
3 Cups of Water
1 Cup of Chopped up Organic Grape Tomatoes
1 Cup of Organic Frozen Peas
1/4 Cup of Organic Bulgar Wheat
1/4 Cup of Organic Quinoa 
Thyme
Rosemary
Garlic Powder
Salt 
Pepper

Bring stock and water to a boil and add in bulgar wheat and quinoa.  Cook according to package instructions (about 10 minutes).  Add everything else.  Because its mostly cooked - really everything just has to heat through.  I like to top with grated pecorino romano cheese.  My family likes when I serve it with popovers with strawberry butter :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...