Widgets

Goddess Hot Chocolate

Confession.

I am still in yoga pants and a stained sweatshirt.  

I don't even know which kid and which meal the stains are from.  Sounds hot right?

I have not done my hair or showered.

But it's nap time and I am drinking a delicious cup of hot chocolate, out of my favorite Goddess mug, so who cares?

I am calling it Goddess hot chocolate because when I'm drinking it I can forget the fact that I am much closer to peasant than anything else :)



Goddess Hot Chocolate

2 Cups of Powdered Milk (since I like this recipe I am going to have to do a bit more research and see if I can't find myself a less processed, organic substitute, but for now... this will do... since it came out delicious)
1 1/2 Cups of Organic, Fair Trade, Powdered Sugar
1 Cup of Organic, Fair Trade, Coco Powder
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips (I used the 60% Ghirardelli ones that I snack on while the kids are napping...)
1 tsp Cinnamon (I know right?!)
A pinch of Sea Salt
A pinch of Cayenne Pepper

Put all of the above in the food processor and grind it up until it's a smooth, powdery, delicious mixture.  

Mix as much as you want (2 tsp is what I did) with a cup of milk.  Kick it up and add 1/4 cup of strong coffee and some smancy chocolate shavings, and you too will be a Goddess.  I promise.

I will get dressed today.

I will get dressed today.


14 comments:

momstheword said...

Wow, this looks and sounds amazing!!!! So, are you dressed today????? Lol! I remember when the kids were little I would get them dressed right away, but I always took a little longer, haha.

Thanks so much for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

KT said...

well... yes. different yoga pants... and a different sweatshirt! i'm caught :)

Jennifer said...

Totally sounds like some of my days :)

KT said...

It's a glamorous job! :)

Leisa said...

This looks absolutely amazing! Definitely a must-try, thank you for sharing!

KT said...

Glad you like it!

Sue Boyer said...

Cayenne pepper? Never heard of that. Is it spicy? Got to try that.

We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
http://simpleesue.com/soup-kitchen-recipes-italian-wedding-soup

Becolorful said...

Oooh I like that it has salt and a dash of pepper. This is one I may have to try out. Thanks for sharing on beColorful.
p

KT said...

It wasn't too spicy - just put a tiny bit in if you're worried or leave it out :)

KT said...

Thanks for hosting!!

Jeni said...

Yummy...I haven't washed my hair in three days!!

KT said...

Good to know I'm not alone!

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures said...

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

KT said...

Thanks for hosting it! I'll see you tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...