Widgets

Total. Elimination. Diet. 2.

Well this sucks.  I am STARVING.

Even so - I am still trying to create some yummy-ish meals on this elimination diet I am on.

In truthfulness - the baby is a little better.  No more screaming all day - and he is sleeping for longer than 30 minute stretches and definitely NO more screaming from stomach pain - no more back arching - no screaming from gas... so apparently this is worth it :)



The good thing about all of these recipes is that they have very few ingredients, are easy to make, and have no (few) processed elements!

Sweet and White Potato Pancakes
1 Sweet Potato
2 Small or one large White Potato (ours were from the CSA - yum!)
1 cup of "bread crumbs"
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of olive oil (allowed - I emailed Dr. Sears to ask haha)

Mix all ingredients.  In a hot skillet - pour in half of olive oil and form 5-6 pancakes in the oil.  WAIT.  These have to hold together just on being fried (like hash browns) so don't mess with them.  When one side is brown - flip.  Enjoy with fresh pear sauce (or if you're not on my foolish diet - applesauce)


"Bread" Crumbs
2 cups of puffed rice cereal
4 slices of toasted rice bread (it has few ingredients - none of which were allergenic - no soy, wheat, taste, etc)

Put all ingredients into the food processor.  Process until the ground is to your taste.  For God sakes - if you can - add some flavor.  If not add salt and pepper.  Process again.

Breaded Turkey Cutlets
1 cup of "bread crumbs"
1 turkey breast cut into 5-6 cutlets
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil

Pound out turkey cutlets.  Dredge in breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.  Fry in olive oil.

Pear Sauce
3-4 Fresh peeled pears - from the farmer's market

Steam pears.  Put them into the food processor.  Process adding in some water to reach desired consistency.

It wasn't the worst meal ever :)

Linking to: Frugal Days, Cooking My Way Through CSA, Gastronomical Sovereignty , Homestead Simple

3 comments:

Kristy Lynn said...

breaded turkey and pear??? good lord woman! you make my little tummy excited! to be fair, fruit with happy meat makes me excited pretty much all the time - but still.

thank you for taking the time to share with us at The Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop - we hope to see you again this week with more incredible posts! xo, kristy

KT said...

Haha - I would definitely use real breadcrumbs if I could but enjoy! It wasn't half bad :)

Monica Davis said...

I know this is old, but I just discovered this post as I am on an elimination diet (for the second time). I am just laughing at your description of the toasted rice bread "no soy, wheat, taste". LOL I joke that my girls better take real good care of me one day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...