Widgets

Peachy Pizza

There was an abundance of fresh peaches at the Farmer's Market this week.  The peaches were doughnut peaches - and they are small, sweet, and delicious!  So... with that in mind... I made pizza.


Ingredients:
1 Batch of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough - I used this one - I incorporated oregano and basil into the dough
3/4 cup of whole milk ricotta cheese
1 ball of fresh mozzarella sliced thin
1/8 cup of goat cheese, crumbled
1 shallot sliced thin
1-3 peaches sliced thin (depending on the size of your peaches)
1 tbs of olive oil
2 tbs of chopped fresh basil
2 tbs of chopped fresh rosemary
sea salt to taste
1 1/2 cups of balsamic vinegar

Pre-heat oven to 400.

Put vinegar in a small saucepan and reduce.  Once it is simmering lower the heat and let it cook down to at least half - it should be much thicker like syrup.  Let cool.

Roll out pizza dough with a floured rolling pin and board/counter.  Press/shape into a non-stick cookie sheet.  Coat with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt.  Bake on 400 until it is firm and turning a little brown (depending on how crispy you like your pizza).

Take out of the oven and spread on ricotta.  Lay on mozzarella.  Put on peach slices and shallot slices.  Sprinkle on chopped herbs.  Sprinkle on goat cheese.  Put back in the oven until goat cheese is browning.  Slice pizza.  Right before serving drizzle on your balsamic reduction and enjoy!

Shared at: Gastonomical Sovereignty

This post was featured on Cooking My Way Through CSA!

6 comments:

Anita Ferreri said...

I thank you for
1) the great recipes (I'm still eating mostly organically and very healthily)
2) your link to that amazing post that contributed to my post http://drferreri.blogspot.com/2012/08/know-when-to-connect-and-when-to.html

momphotographer said...

love the peach idea! My favorite pizza is with apple and cherries, so far. Your recipe sounds awesome, though.

Kristy Lynn said...

holy crap! of COURSE we should put peaches on pizza! especially incredible farmer's market peaches. i'd of never thought of this. love it :)

thank you for linking up with us at the Wednesday Fresh Foods Blog Hop! We hope to see you again this Wednesday with more fantastic seasonal & real food posts :) xo, kristy

Sam said...

Oh...wait...I might be doing THIS with my peaches. Why I have I never thought of this? It's brilliant.

Thanks for sharing with Fresh Foods Wednesday!

Whitney Brooke said...

Wow. This sounds so yummy...coming across this post a little late, but I will make it this summer with some farmer's market peaches! :)

KT said...

I dug it up because I made it again recently - it is SO good!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...