Widgets

Easy Cucumber Salad

So last year I shared the hope that we would have a successful backyard garden this year full of organic veggies and boy do we (look at the header you can see it)!  My husband made me a raised garden bed that's full of squash and cucumbers and lots and lots of green tomatoes.  Next year he promises at least one more bed (I am hoping for 3!).

I don't know a whole lot about gardening but we are learning.  The soil we used came from our own compost - grass clippings, kitchen garbage, leaves, etc.  We used some organic fertilizer and I sprinkle coffee grounds (from our organic fair trade coffee) around the tomatoes... I have no idea what I am doing - but so far - success is coming to our garden. 

I no longer wonder why my grandfather made pickles with the cucumbers he grew - boy do they ripen ALL at the same time.  Many times D and I just eat the cucumbers cut in half with a sprinkle of sea salt - but being bored with that I developed this easy cucumber salad in hopes to eat more of them. 

Quickly.

So here you go!



Ingredients:
2-3 cucumbers (mine are pretty small)
2 Tbs of chopped sweet onion
2 Tbs of red wine vinegar

1/2 tsp of dill (mine is dried - next year it will be in the garden)
1 tsp of sugar

Combine and enjoy!  It is best made in advance, put in the fridge, and served cold.


1 comment:

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

I love cucumber salad. This looks so good. Thanks for sharing. I'm coming from mealtime Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...