Widgets

Zucchini & Watermelon Salad

We have zucchini.

LOTS of zucchini.  So I am trying to be creative as well as healthy in preparing it.  Since we had a busy day yesterday - the kiddos napped LONG naps today - which gave me time to try to be creative in my zucchini dishes.

Bread = fail.  The yeast is done.  It is like a whole wheat zucchini hockey puck in the bread maker.  I am going to finish it - because the last time this happened - my husband really loved the... unleavened? bread - but I can't imagine anyone else is going to eat it.

Next up...

Zucchini & Watermelon Salad

As it is July 5th... we have a bunch of left over watermelon - and since zucchini really doesn't taste like anything (neither does watermelon...) I figured they would go well together.

1 zucchini
about a cup of watermelon

Both sliced in ribbons (I used the mandolin for the zucchini)

For the dressing:

1 lemon squeezed and zested
2 tbs of honey
2 tbs of olive oil
some fresh mint (which - I am still not sure if I like mint - but people do so I am trying to like it) - I think basil would work though too
sea salt to taste


If nothing else - this dish is very pretty.  It was fresh and D was happy we could have "watermelon for dinner - that's so silly mom."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I happen to have zucchini and watermelon and looking for a recipe to bring a dish to a raw food potluck so I am going to give it a go! Thanks for posting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...