Widgets

A Year of Dates


For our anniversary this year I gave my husband a Year of Dates.  I got this idea from my sister - who I am sure got it from pinterest... or google... nothing is unique anymore right?  Well in any case - I thought it was such a cute idea I figured I would share the results.  I stayed up late "crafting" (this is about as crafty as this organic mama gets) each month (translation... finding a new font to download and a picture to match...) and facebooking all of my friends pleading for babysitters!  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!

For July our date will be a night of Scrabble - something we used to play all the time but never have time for anymore!  For August we will be going to dinner and a movie!

September is a VERY busy month for us as we have two weddings and will be traveling for one of them.  I picked a museum to go to with our children and a kid-friendly lunch.  For October we are going to our favorite local farm - Tougas - for apple picking (something that has drastically changed since we have kids... don't pick that apple it is rotten, stop running toward the tractor, etc) - it should be much quieter without the kiddos.

For November I picked his favorite movies (also my least favorite) - Back to the Future.  We are going to do take out and a movie marathon - complete with a new card game!

January is usually pretty snowy (although this past year wasn't) - so thinking about that for January I picked another family activity day.  For this I included a cute new book of kid activities!

We HATE doing the conventional Valentine's Day crap so for February I bought a new cookbook of brunches for us to use and hopefully we can choose a day to cook together.

For March I chose a date that was something we used to do in college.  We used to walk on Newbury St. in Boston all the time - so I picked that!  For April we have been wanting to try our a winery close to where we live that does lunch and picnics in the orchard - so that is the April date.

For May I organized a getaway to our new favorite place - The Attwater in Newport!  Then for the last date I chose a family day in one of our state parks.

Again - I didn't invent this idea - but maybe writing about will inspire you to set some time aside for your family too!

Hop on over to these blogs where - if they are lucky - I'll share this :)     

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a great idea! Funny that I came across your blog by chance from Ginger snap crafts. My husband and I go to Tougas farm every year. It's one of our favorite places to go. My son loves it too.

KT said...

Hi Vanessa! Great to "meet" we love Tougas!! I teach at the high school (usually, I am home with the kids this year).

Kathie said...

Hello!
I found you from the Wow me Wednesday link up. I would love to have you come share your post with my readers over at Sassy Little Lady’s Show and Tell Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Kathie
http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday

KT said...

Awesome! I will :)

Tauni said...

What a cute idea for Valentine's Day! Love it. Thanks for sharing on Show & Tell at SNAP!

KT said...

Thanks! :)

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

I love this! I never shared it on my blog just because I haven't had time, but I took photos of hubby and I when we were dating and after we got married and put them into a small album, with each photo I mentioned a special memory from then or something that I liked about him. Surprisingly to me, he loved it! (he's not romantic so I really didn't expect more than a thank-you, but he looked at it nearly 5 five times before he said anything!)

KT said...

So nice!! He loved this present :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...