Widgets

Laundry Day

Just looking at the heaps of divided laundry in my basement makes my back hurt.  To think of lugging it up two flights of stairs and then leaning over my bed to fold it... ugh.

On a lighter note - I decided to make my own fabric softener - this makes me forget about my back and smile - because I feel all crunchy and crafty - two of my favorite... not me... things! 

Here is my recipe:

1 bottle of Organic Trader Joe's conditioner (it was 16.9 oz)
3 cups of white vinegar
6 cups of hot water (from the tap)

I put the conditioner in an old container of fabric softener (it took a lot of squeezing and D loved the "fart" noises the bottle made... a definite toddler activity!)  I then added all the water and shook it up - it took a long time to dissolve... I'm not sure it ever really did - I think I will shake it every time I use it.

Then I poured some of the vinegar into the conditioner bottle and shook it up to get the last bits of conditioner out - added it and the rest of the vinegar into the old softener container and shook it up and danced around the kitchen.

Here are the results:


The laundry is fluffy enough and it does not have a heavy scent.  I may pick up some essential oils and add a few drops to it - if I can manage to get screamy and cranky in the car later... but until then the laundry smells fresh and clean and is soft.  Next time - I may use a little more conditioner for even more softness :)

3 comments:

Christina Smith said...

Impressive. You are an adventurous "mama" --love the idea of the homemade fabric softener.

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures said...

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures' Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

KT said...

Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...