Widgets

Fresh Veggie Salad


So last year I vowed to create an organic garden to help feed my family, safely and cheaply - mission accomplished. 

Now I have the challenging task of dealing with...

ZUCCHINI.

Lots and lots of zucchini.  I was a fool.  Planted TWO squash plants - how was I to know.  They are so huge that today I realized there was a third growing underneath them.  Sheesh.  We can't keep up with it.  We seriously eat squash everyday for both lunch and dinner.

Zucchini pancakes, grated up in sauce, grated up in burgers, grated up in everything.

This fresh veggie salad was delicious and an easy use for these healthy, fresh, garden veggies.  I used cucumbers and zucchini from the garden and organic tomatoes from Trader Joes (ours are not ripe yet).

So here is the recipe:

1 large zucchini or 2 small sliced in half moons
1 large cucumber or 2 small sliced in half moons
1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes sliced in half

Now... if you play your Weight Watchers right - really you are just counting points for the olive oil here - so adjust amounts as needed to taste/counting :)  I charged myself one point for the olive oil and honey - but really I am probably over estimating.

olive oil (just a little)
honey (just a little - half a tsp)
balsamic vinegar (maybe 1/4 cup)
LOTS of fresh basil from the garden
sea salt
pepper
garlic powder (1/2 tsp)

It was delicious !! - my husband ate the entire bowl (after me and D each had a serving).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...